Today we need to change ssl certificate on jetty. SSL Certificate issuer is Godaddy. Download certificate and unzip it. You have gd_ bundle and certificate for your server, also key file.
We have a key and certificates in separate files and need to combine them into a PKCS12 format file to load into a new keystore.
We need to execute bash script on several servers. To do it manually – bad idea. But we have puppet. Lets make it by puppet.
- Create bash script name.sh.
- Create new manifest and apply it to our servers:
I need to install Ubuntu on Sony Vaio laptop. So I need to create bootable USB stick for that. My home OS is Mac OS X 10 and today we gonna make bootable USB stick on OS X.
Note: this procedure requires that you create an .img file from the .iso file you download. It will also change the filesystem that is on the USB stick to make it bootable, so backup all data before continuing.
Tip: Drag and drop a file from Finder to Terminal to ‘paste’ the full path without risking typing errors.
2. Open the Terminal. [Read more…]
VMware launched a new certification family at VMworld 2013 in San Francisco.
The certification is called VMware Certified Associate (“VCA”) and consists of four tracks:
• VMware Certified Associate – Cloud (VCA-Cloud) free cource
• VMware Certified Associate – Workforce Mobility (VCA-WM) free cource
• VMware Certified Associate – Network Virtualization (VCA-NV)
Contrary to other certifications (eg. VCP) it is not required to take an authorized VMware course before you can take the exam.
I’m professional in IT technologies such as Corporate Networks and Virtual Infrastructure. I work with VMware virtualization technologies, and as an IT admin for more than 9 years.
I am expertised in:
• Virtualization: VMware ESXi, vCenter, vSAN, VDI; Veeam B&R, Veeam One; Proxmox
• HW Servers: HP, Supermicro
• Linux: CentOS/RedHat, Debian/Ubuntu
• Windows: all versions of desktop and servers
• Automation: Puppet
• Monitoring: Zabbix
• LAMP: Apache/Nginx, MySQL, Tomcat, PHP
• CI: Bamboo
I am able to successfully implement, deploy, manage and troubleshoot VMware vSphere installations. I passed a VCA-DCV. But it's only start. 🙂
My professional interests are: VMware, KVM Virtualization, Cloud computing, Configuration management, new internet-based services, Socials networking, Microsoft Technologies, Cisco Networks.
My personal interests and hobbies are: blogging, photography, cycling, traveling.
My LinkedIn profile.